My Lovely Followers

Saturday 7 September 2013

Tiddly Inks Druscilla Art Nouveau Style

Hello crafters, I'm here again and this time with a card to share, yay!  Much better light today than yesterday so I finally managed to take some decent pics, they could be better, but then I'm never satisfied with my pictures lol.

Anyhoo...enough babbling and onto the card.



Ok I'm going to fess up here, this card had a mind of it's own.  I started out thinking I was going to something slightly Gothic/Romantic but by the time I was in full creative flow it ended up being quite (I think) Art Nouveau-esque, which I actually love. 

I have a mix of papers here, the main background is from DCWV, it's from the Black Currant stack and I've mixed it with Maja Design, Crea Diem Filled with Love, using both sides, Pink and Grey is one of my most favourite colour combos.  I distressed all the papers and inked them with Black Soot DI and a little Stickles in Black Diamond, (which sadly doesn't show in this photos),  and hand stitched them with Top Stitch thread.  

I used some Grey Satin Ribbon and some Black Lace on the base of the card and a little Cheesecloth behind the frame.

Dies used were Spellbinders Floral Ovals and Stately Circles, Magnolia Doo Hickey Leaf and Swirl (just the Swirl), and Memory Box Dancing Butterflies.


The image is Druscilla from Tiddly Inks, this one is a Digi, but she's also available as a clear stamp set which comes with sentiments.  I coloured her with Copics, details are here from my previous post.  I added a little glamour dust to her wings and around her to give her a magical feel and added some accents from a Sakura glitter pen and some crystal gems.


I also added gems to the swirls and around the frame, I must admit this card is rather more 'blingy' than my usual lol. I added some crystal bead string behind the flowers, love the effect of this dangling down.


I used Roses, Sweetheart Blossoms and Rolled Roses in various shades of pink and a sprinkling of butterflies to finish off.
The sentiment was typed and printed off.


I decorated the inside to complement the front, a little more elaborately than usual but I was in full flow lol.

Anyway that's my card finally shared with you, I enjoyed making this one sooo much I hope you will enjoy it too.

I recently opened an Etsy shop after much prodding from the other half...I think he's just scared the house will be overtaken by cards lol! 
So I'll be popping this card in there later along with some others, you can find the shop here. *This card has now been sold*

I'll be entering this card into the following challenges:

Paper Playtime #18 3 Different Papers
Cute Card Thursday #285 Pretty in Pink
Inky Chicks #12 Stitching
Copic Marker Europe #20 Favourite Colour/s
Papertake Weekly  Anything Goes
Addicted to Stamps #63 Anything Goes
The ABC Challenge  U - Unlimited
Enjoy your weekend, whatever your decide to do with it, and I'll see you soon :) xx




20 comments:

  1. Wow, crackin' card Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So gorgeous Linda! Druscilla looks amazing and that color scheme is so beautiful. Thank you so much for playing with us at Tiddly Inks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Linda this is so beautiful! Love the colours, beautiful design and gorgeous colouring!

    Congratulations on all your recent wins and happy crafting with your new Ebosser!

    Hugs
    Gina x

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!! This is wonderful. I love the image, you colouring is amazing and all the detailing you have added looks so beautiful.
    Thank you for taking part in the Papertake Weekly Challenge this week
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH my so so gorgeous! Hope you don't mind that we shared it on the Tiddly Inks Facebook page! Couldn't resist it's just so amazing!
    Hugs,
    M

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you all so very much for your wonderful comments, and M I don't mind at all as I'd already shared it there hehe :) xx

      Delete
  6. Utterly stunning! Love all your layers and details and the papers are gorgeous. Also your colouring is beautiful. Hugs, Wends x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Elegant, beautiful card! Thanks for participating in the http://www.7kidscollegefund.com challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card is exceptional - well done.
    Leona.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card!
    Many thanks for joining in the Cute Card Thursday Challenge this week!
    Debxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning. Fabulous image and colours and details, love it. Thanks for playing at PTW. I have some candy on offer so hop over

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wowzers, this is spectacular!! Thank you for joining us at the www.7kidscollegefund.com challenge! Hugs, Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your card is just beautiful! Love that rose color and your coloring is great. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW!!! WOW!!! Gorgeous So Gorgeous!!! Love it!.. Fantastic Design!! Beautiful Details and Amazing coloring.. Everything matches so well together.. Great combination of colors and So So Beautiful put together! :o)
    Thank you for joining us at ATSC! :o) Hugs Sol :o)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is awesome. I LOVE this card, so beautiful. Great colors and the layout is fab. And the image is perfect.
    This is such an inspiraton, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  15. OH MY WOWZERS!!! Love your use of the gems and pearls, fabulous! Thanks for joining us at Tiddly Inks and good luck! :)

    Big Hugs
    xx Tracey xx
    ~TIDT~

    ReplyDelete
  16. Simply stunning! All of the embellie's are perfect and your coloring is gorgeous- sometimes a card having a mind of it's own is just what's needed :) Thanks so much for joining us at Tiddly Inks!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is beautiful. Thanks for joining us this week at Paper Playtime for our 3 Patterned paper challenge.
    Anita
    DT PPT
    http://scrappyhappymommy.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  18. oh my this is just divine, I love all the elements to it.
    thank you for playing along with the tiddly inkers this week, hugs Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx