My Lovely Followers

Tuesday 28 January 2014

Saturated Canary Geeking' It Journal at DTDF

Happy Tuesday everyone!  I'm here with my inspiration post for Dies to Die for, and it's quite a simple one for me. I needed to whip up something quick as it's my other half's birthday today so I'm quite short on spare time this week.  I decided that for once I'd make something for me, so I decorated a diary that I'm using to keep track of all my DT work. Links to items in the store are at the end of the post as usual.


I used the oh so Gorgeous Crea Diem collection from Maja Design for this, it's double sided so you only need the one sheet. As this was an object that is going to be in use on a daily basis,  I tried to keep embellishments to a minimum, not easy for me if your know my work! lol


The stamp I used is called Geekin' It, a Saturated Canary design from Little Darlings Rubber Stamps.  I did take liberties with her and lopped the apple off of the top of her head, as I wanted the bookish look but didn't want it to look like a 'back to school' project, I hope she doesn't get peckish!  As this is staying with me at home, I did pop her up on some very tiny foam squares, but if it was for a gift I'd probably keep everything flat and give it all a protective coat in case it was going in a bag.

Well that's all from me today, I hope you enjoyed my simple share and that it inspired you to try something yourself. See you soon! :) xx




9 comments:

  1. Linda this is just stunningly designed. So love print design paper, the sewing and the touches of black.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very apt image for this project, love the papers, bling and pen nib. It's nice to make something for yourself once in a while, we spend so much time making for others that, I don't know about you, but I hardly have any of my own work in my craft room. I must do something about that. Hope the birthday boy has a great time and you both enjoy yourselves.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh I totally love this Linda!! its just gorgeous! I love altering books and journals, its just so much fun!
    huge hugs Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning Linda. I love the image, fabulous colouring and gorgeous papers too.
    I hope your other half has a good birthday.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soooooo cool !! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous decorated diary Linda - perfectly coloured and embellished!
    Hugs Nicola xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just "found" you linda! - gorgeous blog and lovely creations - I love this pretty journal the colours are lovely - just signed up to follow you! Hugs Judith xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is lovely Linda and such a great idea (nice to create something for yourself! The backing paper is gorgeous and fits so nicely with the project. And just a final comment your colouring is beautiful!
    Hugs
    Gina x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous! Love the paper and number dies. The sewing and distressing is perfect. :)

    Hugs, Anne.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx