My Lovely Followers

Tuesday 20 May 2014

Charmings at Dies to Die for

Happy Tuesday folks!  I'm back to day with my inspiration post for Dies to Die for and this time I have a different colouring medium to show you.

On Saturday 10th May I went to Lili of the Valley's Birthday Party, and amongst the people demoing there was Dena, from Dena's Stamping Corner and she was showing how she used Inktense pencils.  Now I've used watercolour pencils before...well a loooong time ago now, before i even started crafting, when I used to do art lol, but these babies are different.  Because they aren't watercolour paint, they're ink...and you might think, well how do they differ from distress ink, well for one while they are ink and do turn from pencil to ink by adding water...they aren't exactly a watercolour ink.

What this means is that when they dry, they're permanent, if you wet them again they stay put. Also while they're delicate and translucent, just like distress ink, they have the most beautiful bright and luminous colours, very intense  colours and hence the name.

Anyway, I've been having a bit of a play with them and coloured up this Saturated Canary stamp by Little Darlings Rubber Stamps.  This stamp was actually a present from my DT chum Jenny for my birthday, but Tracy stocks her in the store, she's called Charmings.  I've added links to items used at the end of my post, but because Inlinkz want's to charge me a fortune to carry on using them, they're just standard links now, no pretty pictures sorry.


I don't think she came out half bad!
Skin: Baked Earth, Carmine Pink
Hair: Violet
Clothes: Violet, Antique White, Hooker's Green, Thistle

I paired her up with these gorgeous Whimsy papers I've had in my drawer for some time, just waiting for the right card to use them on. 


I used a lovely Whimsy sentiment and die that I thought went perfectly on this card and I finished it off with a little Prima bling.  The lace and daisies are from The Ribbon Girl.


 Most of the flowers here are Wild Orchid Craft and of course I've stitched all my papers with top stitch thread.  I inked the edges with Distress Ink in dusty concord.


 The fabulous butterfly is handmade by a talented lady called Karla and bought from her little Etsy shop, https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/KarlasKreativeKorner I thought it set these papers off really well.

Finally I decorated the inside of the card with some more papers from the pack to complement the front.

Items used:



Well that's all from me today, I'll be back again on Sunday with my Totally Tilda post, but I'll pop in before that with a little Candy post.  In the meantime, why not try something new?  
Have fun! : ) x x 

14 comments:

  1. Gorgeous and beautiful card Linda love the image fabulous design and colour's are fabulous
    Hugs Dianne xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, love the colours you've used, and your colouring is fab. I didn't know they were permanent when they'd dried, I love them even more now :)
    Hugs,
    Becky xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another Stunner Love The Colours And Papers Are Awesome Have A Great Day

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a stunning card Linda..love the gorgeous image snd colouring and love the fabulous papers,butterfly and design...BEAutiful.

    luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous Linda. Your colouring with your new pencils looks fabulous. The papers are so beautiful matched with such pretty detailing. The butterfly looks stunning.
    hugs sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow I can see that you have enjoyed using your new pencils, your image is coloured beautifully. Love the papers and the over all colour scheme.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, the intensity of colors! Marvelous, Linda!
    The image is so darling and the papers are too. :)
    Wishing you a great day...

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have done an amazing job of colouring this little beauty! The papers and design are gorgeous too!
    Hugs
    Gina x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is soooooooo gorgeous I lurve the colours & your colouring is awesome hun. Hope my first go is as half as good as this hun.

    Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow the colours are so different from your usual but they work so well! Great Layout and I love all the saturated Canary Images! Have a Great Week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I absolutely love this, the colours are gorgeous! Your colouring with the pencils looks beautiful. The butterfly is fabulous too!
    Rebecca.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card thanks for joining us at crafting at the weekend and good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautifully finished card - very elegant. Thanks for playing along with us at the Squirrel and the Fox.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx