My Lovely Followers

Tuesday 6 May 2014

Miss Sunkissed at Dies to Die for

Happy Tuesday everyone!  Did you all enjoy your May bank holiday?  I spent mine very quietly in my crafting corner mostly, but I'm really pleased with the cards I got made.

This is my very first time inking up an Elizabeth Bell image not because I don't like them but just because I've not had the opportunity to use one before, I get such limited time.  I must admit that being on Tracy's DT has been very good for breaking me out of just using the artists that I'm familiar with and my normal papers and embellishments too. I'd not been introduced to MME before I started there, and now I'm firmly addicted lol.

Anyway, my share for today is using one of the new Elizabeth Bell designs.  Links to products used are, as always at the end of my post.


These beautiful papers are MME - Lost and Found -Heirloom.  I used the matching pack of enamel dots for a perfect colour match.  The gorgeous filigree heart is from a La- La Land Crafts die.


 I paper pieced her dress with some scraps of the same paper pack, I added a little detailing to the sleeves with liquid pearls. She's coloured with Copics, I used a slightly darker tone for her skin as she's 'Sunkissed'

Skin: E13, E11, E00, E000, R22, R20, R11
Hair: E41, E42, E43, E44
Dress R20, R22. R43
Heart: R12, R20, R22, R37

The heart took a lot of layers of ink before I was satisfied it looked plump enough.


 , and stamped this Whimsy Sentiment on to a La-La Land Crafts tab.

Just a few flowers and some seam binding to finish and I decorated the inside of the card with another sheet from the 6 x 6 pad.  This one has a lovely sentiment and clear space on the lined paper, just perfect for adding your message. Well that's it from me today, enjoy the rest of your Tuesday and I'll see you again next week.
Have a thought for me today, because not only am I back to work but I've moved building and taken on a different job role, looking forward to it but it's going to be quite strange for a bit and I'm quite possibly going to get lost lol!

Bye for now!





10 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Linda. I love the pretty image, your colouring is stunning and those papers are so beautiful. As always all your embellishments work perfectly together and your stitching is so neat!
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - so lovely! I love those papers - just got them the other day and planning to use it today. :)
    I just love your stitching...
    Have a sweet day, Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful Linda! Your stitching is always so straight!! Love the filigree heart die, my wish list is growing by the minute!! I really adore the papers too.
    Hugs
    Gina x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous my sweetie, love all the added details & lush colours. I love MME papers, this is one of my faves.

    Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous in the design, colours, embellishments and image colouring. Hope today wasn't too stressful at work.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous card!

    Your coloring and shading are fabulous, so I'm pinning this.

    I also really love the papers and embellishments you used in your great design!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow, this is absolutely stunning! Love the image and papers and your embellishments look so gorgeous. Very much looking forward to seeing more of your creations!
    Rebecca.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW Linda I love the heart die design - looks gorgeous and love the way you have matched the roses to your card
    your new follower
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow so much detail you have got in her face! Love all your hearts keeping in the theme! have a Great Weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx