My Lovely Followers

Tuesday 24 June 2014

Friendship is the Greatest Gift at Dies to Die for

Morning folks, it's a super quick one from me as I'm running late and scheduling this quick before getting to bed.

I'm not quite sure if I like this or not yet, the jury is still out on this one, I was suffering terribly with my asthma today (yesterday when this goes live) and really had no mojo at all, but I really wanted to use these lovely non traditional colours Xmas papers from Whimsy and now I've photographed them the colours of the papers are not showing well at all! What looks in the pics like a soft beige/nude is actually a lovely pink *sigh*.


Love this image by Sylvia Zet, all her stamps for Whimsy are soooooooooooo cute!  I coloured this pair in my Inktense pencils to match the colours of the paper (even if the colours of the paper aren't showing too well in the pics).


I distressed the paper edges and inked them with Walnut Stain distress ink. I used some Bazill Kraft to mount my layers and for the sentiment and snowflakes, for a little contrast to the brights. The sentiment is from an Impression Obsession set. This set is so useful, it has a sentiment for almost every occasion!


Love this parrot green ruffled ribbon (sadly I think Tracy is out of stock of this now) it matched perfectly with a length of ribbon I had left in my stash

Items Used


That's it from me today, sorry the pics are a bit naff it was very late by the time I took them.

TTFN! : ) x x

11 comments:

  1. This card is just the cutest thing! :) Love the image and colors, that lovely ribbon & dies & DP &... Shall I go on? :) It is just great, Linda...
    Have an awesome day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another fabulous card Linda! Love the pinks and greens together and the wonderful image!
    Hope you are feeling better today.
    Hugs
    Gina x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes the camera is your friend and sometimes not - more often not in my case, lol, however if you hadn't said the colours were off I thought it looked great as it is. As do all your creations. Hope you feel better today.
    Lorraine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous Linda, adorable image coloured beautifully to match those fabulous papers and wonderful detailing - as always.
    Sorry to hear you have been suffering with you asthma, I hope you are feeling better today.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes it is a bit different colour scheme but it works so WELL! Colours Gorgeous with the most perfect Image! Love it and hope you are feeling better now! Have a Great Day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a lovely card, I love what you've done with the snowflakes and how you've framed the gorgeous image.
    Rebecca.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is just BEAUTIFUL Linda!! I love the colours that you have used...gorgeous embellishments!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, I love the roses on your snowflakes. My mojo's been missing for ages, so I feel your pain ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooohhhhh this is beautiful! Such a sweet image, gorgeous details and lovely colours too!
    You have a fabulous blog!
    Kelly.x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a cute card love the layout & colours beautifully embellished too.
    ~ Denise ~
    {Denise's Patch of Creativity}

    ReplyDelete
  11. This card is very sweet. the colors are soft just like I like it.
    Good talented Linda

    ~Ele~

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx