My Lovely Followers

Thursday 4 August 2016

Vintage - Diamond Wedding


Today I'm sharing rather a special card. Today is my Mum and Dad's Diamond Wedding anniversary. That's 60 years together....OMG......that's just an incredible amount of time to be married.
With all the health problems that my Dad has been having over the last couple of years, it's particularly poignant, as it's difficult to say whether he will either be here for the next and if so if he will remember enough to be aware.

So happy anniversary to my Mum and Dad! I can't be with them as I'm stuck at work on one of our busiest days of the year, but they are going to be spending a lovely afternoon celebrating with their friends at a social club they attend, so I hope they have a lovely day.

They should have already received this card, so I'm safe to share it here with you.

The base of the card is a white Pearlescent card stock and I have also used this for the sentiment, which is computer generated.

The papers for the layers are all neutral sheets from various Pion Design collections.

I used a heart stencil and some embossing paste, though I didn't think quite far enough ahead and ended up covering most of them with my layers.

I added cheesecloth and lace, some chipboard elements, some flowers and of course lots of little clear gems to give the suggestion of diamonds.

From The Ribbon Girl I used:
Chipboard Heart
Cheesecloth
Amanda Ivory Scalloped Lace
Veronica Ivory Flat Lace
Pearl and Crystal Branch
Ivory Open Rose
Rose Leaves

Thanks all from me today, but I'll see you soon.

12 comments:

  1. Linda I just had to pop on over and congratulate your parents, 60yrs...omg....beautiful card you made for them and I do wish them well...xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, Linda! Congratulations to your parents!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is stunningly beautiful Linda. A fitting card for a wonderful milestone in your parents lives - congratulations to them both.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely beautiful! Your parents will treasure this card!
    Hugs
    Gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, Linda. Congrats to your parents and all the best to them :)
    60 years is really something...
    Hugs,
    Guida

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very beautiful and elegant card with amazing details.
    Valerija xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wowers ... 60 years! O.o Big congrats to your parents! I wish them many more happy years together.
    The card you made for them is gorgeous. I like the idea of using gems to symbolize the diamonds. All of the other embellishments are great too and add a special elegant and shabby look to your card. Wonderful! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card. Love color you choose and beautiful flowers on card.

    Marjeta

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, that is a truly special card for a special couple...60 years, that's a huge milestone! Your card is utterly enchanting; using neutral coloured papers and ivory flowers with touches of sparkle is so elegant. The lace is just scrummy and the embossing paste hearts look lovely just peeking out around the sentiment...they add another gorgeous texture and detail even if some got covered!
    I hope your parents had a really lovely day of celebration.
    Big hugs, Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Terrifically beautiful!!! Just LOVE it!

    Hugs,
    Alexandra

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is just Amazing 60 Years! Congratulations to them! Well all these neutral and pearl colours look pretty Amazing together Beautifully placed and layered Embellishments! Just Plain Elegant!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx