My Lovely Followers

Thursday 11 August 2016

Lee Holland - Hedgehog in Pot for Whimsy Stamps August Release

Welcome to day 3 of the new rubber release from Whimsy Stamps, and before I share my make with you I just have to say thank you to everyone who left me lovely messages about my partner and my Dad, thank you so much it meant a lot to me.
I've been a little absent on blogger the last week, because on top of everything else my PC decided to flake out on me. Oh my goodness, so not what  I wanted, as it made it almost impossible to post stuff and then of course the time taken out to fix stuff meant I couldn't spend that time crafting. In the end a restore wouldn't fix it and I ended up having to re-install the whole operating system. All seems ok for now, so I'm playing catch up.

Also I noticed that I have reached 500 followers! How exciting, so this weekend I will sort out some lovely candy to share with you all!

Now back to the new release. I used the uber cute Hedgehog in Pot from Lee Holland, isn't he adorable?! I actually have a hedgehog living in my garden at the moment, so I just had to colour this one up lol!


I decided to make an oval card with this one, I've not made one for a long time. I also knew as soon as I saw him that I was going to match him with some papers from Pion Design's A Day in May. I don't have a lot of this older collection left, so it takes something special to make me dig into it!

I used my distress markers to colour the image:

Antique Linen, Walnut Stain, Tattered Rose, Tea Stain, Vintage Photo, Mowed Lawn, Old Paper and Shabby Shutters.

I used some lovely embellishments from The Ribbon Girl, and a lovely butterfly from Kay Fatula's Etsy shop.

That's all from me today, I'm off to dig out some candy, but don't forget to catch the rest of the team's lovely makes over in the Facebook group

Have a fab Friday!


11 comments:

  1. Such a cute image Linda and love the shape and colour combo.
    Have a lovely weekend.
    Hugs Sharon. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, he is so very sweet Linda and the pretty oval die cut shaped card really sets him off a treat. I love the muted earth tones you have chosen for your colour scheme too. Enjoy your weekend.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always love hedgehogs, and this cutie make me smile :) Love the gorgous and unusual shape, this ornate oval looks fabulous with these papers and your amazing colouring
    I pinned your scrummy card
    https://it.pinterest.com/pin/534802524484152426/
    Sorry for your PC, hope that all is ok with the new installation of the O.S.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous.. left some love on facebook, too!! You have to share the oval die you used.. love it! Glad things are getting better for you.. same here... xxx Ann Marie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Linda, dear, congrats on the new followers ;) the hedgehog card is adorable!! And this oval die is splendid, a real pity it is old and cannot be bought anywhere now...
    Lots of hugs and peaceful weekend from me :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. super sweet!
    love little hedgehog!
    hugs
    Fiki

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds like a rollercoaster of highs and lows for you lately but reaching 500 followers is a real high so congrats on that! Computer trouble is not so good but I'm glad you got it sorted in the end; we wouldn't be without tech but it does cause headaches sometimes...grrrr.
    How exciting that you have a hedgehog in your garden and I bet it's every bit as cute as the one on your card. Fab oval design and gorgeous papers; they do suit this image so well :-)
    Big hugs, Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on making the Big 500 quiet a feat and so well deserved! Your Card is just Adorable!The papers you chose are just Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Grrrrr, it's SO annoying when computer starts acting up or stops working altogether. It's only good that re-instaooing OS helped and nothing else was wrong with it.
    Congrats on reaching 500 followers. Well deserved! :D
    And my oh my, what a cute card. I love Lee Holland's illustrations and this hedgehog is precious.
    Hugs! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww, too cute! I haven't seen this wee dude yet. I love hedgehogs. We had a little one in our garden a couple of months back which totally stole the kiddies hearts (and mine!). What a gorgeous card design. Love those pretty oval edges and the Pion papers, swoon. I totally understand your reluctance to cut into those. I'm way too precious with my Swedish papers! Hope life has settled a bit now, I've had huge ups and downs lately and still trying to catch my breath, so I feel for you keenly! Big hugs, Wends xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx