My Lovely Followers

Saturday 3 December 2016

Make it Crafty - Fairy Bauble


Hello!
There was no technique Tuesday this week as unfortunately I was struck down with the dreaded lurgy. 2 days off work and I couldn't even make use of them to craft as I spent a good amount of that time in bed and really didn't feel up to anything the rest of the time. Even worse I missed going to see Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them....bummer.

I'm currently working on a card for next Tuesday though.

I have another Christmas card to share with you today that I made a couple of weeks ago. I kept this CAS and zoomed in on and cropped the image a little which is something that's really easy to do with digital images.

This is Fairy Bauble from Make it Crafty, I really don't colour these images up enough, I do so love their artwork.


I've coloured her with my Distress Ink markers to go with this pretty bauble paper from Kaisercraft.

Colours: Vintage Photo, Spun Sugar, Victorian Velvet, Peacock Feathers, Evergreen Bough, Aged Mahogony, Pine Needles.

Once coloured I cut her out with an MFT stitched frames die using the outside the box technique,  I stamped a sentiment from the Mama Elephant Jingle Greetings set, , heat embossed it and mounted her on my card with some shallow foam tape.
A little wink of stella on her wings and the bauble for sparkle (which of course is being camera shy),  and a few gems and the job's done!

Another Christmas card to add to the list.

Crafty hugs,

8 comments:

  1. oh wow this is so pretty card!
    lots of hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry you were sick. It's not fun at all, especially the fact you can't stamp. Your card is so, so beautiful. I like how you did outside the box technique and cut off some of the ornament. I took you link to the store and wow, there are lots of adorable digis. I'd like to start using them more in 2017.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card!! So sorry for your bad health, I wish you feel well quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Linda..... this is just beautiful!!! Your design is stunning - and your colouring with DI markers is superb. It's also clever to zoom in on the image too.. I must log that idea in my ever decreasing memory bank!!

    Sorry to hear you were poorly - hope you're on the mend now.

    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry to hear you have been under the weather...you know you are really poorly when you don't even have the energy or motivation to craft :-(
    I hope you are feeling better now...I guess so if you are planning tomorrow's technique card :-)
    I love the way you used this image zoomed in and printed large then die cut overhanging the frame; it looks so good and your colouring is superb :-)
    Big hugs, Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mastering Distress inks is one of the challenges I am setting myself for 2017 - beautiful card Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you're feeling much better now Linda, lots of bugs about which if you start the winter off badly can linger on a bit.
    Another fabulous card in your 'new' CAS style, love it.
    Lorraine
    P.S. went to see said film and although it was OK I much preferred the Harry Potter films.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx