My Lovely Followers

Tuesday 20 December 2016

Technique Tuesday # 5 - Watercolour Smooshed Background and Heat Embossed Sentiment.


Hi everyone, I'm back with another Technique Tuesday, and this time I've been playing around with splodging watercolour backgrounds.

This is a really fun technique where you use really watery paints or inks and wet watercolour paper and just kind of let it do it's thing lol. The little splotches are made by flicking water on to it once it's dry and then lifting the colour with some kitchen towel.


I cut the area I liked out with my Stitched Rectangles Die and stamped and heat embossed a sentiment from Mama Elephant's Jingle Greetings Set

I mounted it onto some green cardstock and then mounted it onto some lighter green card and then onto my card base. I thought the pale green card looked a little plain so I gave it a liberal coating of Wink of Stella to liven it up a bit. I finished my card with a little chipboard snowflake sponged with green ink and coated with Wink of Stella and a few sequins.

I'll be back tomorrow with another Christmas card for you.

4 comments:

  1. very elegant card!
    Happy Holidays!
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card. Love the watercolour background.
    Valerija xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's fabulous Linda... I love doing a bit of smooshing... such wonderful results!

    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a fabulous technique but not one I've been brave enough to try yet! It's lovely that each card will be totally individual, and I love how your fabulous design shows that you can make it the focal point of your card, not just a background element. The green is very festive but calming and the sparkle is both visible and beautiful - lol!
    Big hugs, Kat xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx