My Lovely Followers

Tuesday 24 January 2017

Technique Tuesday #8 Emboss Resist

Hello everyone!
I'm a bit late in with my Technique Tuesday post today, because I decided to combine it with my post for 
new challenge 


Now, to be honest with you, the last thing I wanted to make this early in the year was another blooming Christmas/Winter card. But that's what the theme called for, so I decided to make something a little different. I've seen quite a few emboss resist technique cards around recently so I decided to try my hand at it. It's really not too difficult, the hardest part for me was getting all the stamping done trying to see where I'd stamped before lol.


Anyway, I found some very old snowflake stamps in my stash, (no idea who they are by as I've had them for a few years now and they were not in the original packet), and stamped around a piece of watercolour card with Versamark ink. Then I added white embossing powder and heated. I kept doing this, adding snowflakes, until I was happy with the result.

Once it was fully dry, I chose a few colours of distress inks, and blended them around the edges, overlapping and fading out towards the centre.

Once I had the effect I wanted I gave the whole thing a light rub over with a kitchen towel to clean up the embossing and make it pop more, then I flicked some gold watercolour paint off of the end of a paint brush to make the gold speckles. 

I stamped the Christmas sentiment from the 
Whimsy Stamps Happy Sayings Set
in Versamark ink on some vellum and then heat embossed with some gold embossing powder. I cut my strip to size and wrapped it around my piece of card, securing it at the back with some glue.
I then cut the love word 4 times from some white card with the 
I then coated one die cut with Versamark ink and heat embossed with gold embossing powder, before gluing all the layers together to create what looks like a chipboard word and secured that onto my card, slightly overlapping the vellum strip. I glued the whole piece onto my card base with slightly smaller piece of craft foam for dimension and then added a few sequins to finish.

I really think it turned out very pretty and I do hope you like it.

Don't forget to check out the rest of the teams wonderful makes and I hope you can join in with us, as always there is a lovely prize to be won.

Thanks for visiting!

8 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful. Love the colours and the design.
    Valerija xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I absolutely LOVE it!!!
    Pinned!
    https://it.pinterest.com/pin/534802524486642003/

    ReplyDelete
  3. love it - great idea making the word and layering it up, really nice

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful Christmas card using this very effective technique. Now, don't you feel so much better having started your Christmas makes this early? :o)
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those snowflakes are BEAUTIFUL! What a wonderful idea to used emboss resist technique with them. A very, very beautiful holiday card. I guess *magical* is the word that describes it perfectly. Colours are dreamy and the sentiment pops out beautifully.
    hugs! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh I utterly love this Linda! I've seen a few of these emboss resist technique cards around lately too and I've been wanting to give it a go, so you've inspired me to follow through on that! Gorgeous card. I so love the way you embossed the snowflakes around the edge only, leaving a clearer area in the centre for the sentiment to sit over. Creates a brilliant 'spotlight' on the sentiment. Very clever effect! Love it. Hugs, Wends xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx