My Lovely Followers

Tuesday 15 August 2017

Funky Flowers - Navy & Gold

Hello!

 I'm sharing 2 cards today, and as a bit of a change from rainbow colours and cute images, I thought I'd share something classy and subtle.

I made these cards in Navy, White & Gold a while back, because I wanted to play with my Gansai Tambi Starry Colours paint palette and I thought this deep blue cardstock would be the perfect way to show it off.

The cards are really quite simple and easy to make.
For my first card I made a top folding vertical A2 (US) card base in Nightshift Blue cardstock.

I used a stitched rectangle die from Blueprints 20 to cut a rectangle in smooth white cardstock, and the Pierced Rectangle Frames to cut a medium frame from the Nightshift Blue cardstock.
I stamped some flowers from the Funky Flowers stamp set in Versamark in on the nightshift blue cardstock and then heat embossed with white embossing powder.
I painted my flowers with my Starry Colours paints and once dry, cut them out with the matching dies.

I stamped a sentiment from the Essential Sentiments set, with versamark ink on the Nightshift Blue cardstock and heat embossed with fine gold embossing powder. I cut a frame from smooth white cardstock using the Rectangle Word Window Frames and trimmed my sentiment to fit behind it.

I adhered the white panel directly to my card base and then the blue frame on top using some foam tape.

I arranged and adhered my flowers with glue and foam tape and also my sentiment.

To finish I added a few gold and clear sequins.


For my second card I made a shaker card using the same frame die with a couple of the extra flowers and stamped and embossed a sentiment from the You Give me Butterflies sentiment set onto a banner from the Blueprints 20 die-namics.


I used the following items for my cards:

MFT Nightshift Blue Cardtock
Smooth White Cardstock
MFT Funky Flowers Stamp Set
MFT Funky Flowers die-namics
MFT Blueprints 20 Die-namics
MFT Pierced Frames Die-namics
MFT Essential Sentiments set
MFT You Give me Butterflies Sentiment set
Altenew Crisp Embossing Powder - Antique Gold
Foam Tape
Acetate
Tape Runner
Ranger Multi Medium Matte
Big Shot Machine

That's all for today, thanks for visiting!



1 comment:

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx